Wednesday 26 July 2017

>Leeming Reservoir Oxenhope

16:40 - 18:50

A late afternoon trip to Oxenhope.
I was going to head for Leeshaw but the road closure signs and the possible rush hour traffic had me change my mind.

Not a bad outing.

First up were 2 Common Sandpiper that flushed immediately I reached the top of the reservoir wall.
They promptly disappeared not to be relocated.

Just a couple of House Martin seen with the Swallows.
No sign of the Sand Martins that were nesting (or checking out a nest site) in the reservoir draining channel holes, the last time I was here.

A drake Tufted Duck was on the water but there were no Gulls on the water and just a couple of Lesser Black-backed Gull flypasts.

There is a good contingent of Mallard and also seen around the water were a couple of Pheasant, a Moorhen and a Pied Wagtail.

Through the gate, at the south end, brought me a couple of distant Juv. Stonechat.
One has red/orange plumage appearing, the other not.
Male and Female birds I presume.

A possible Stock Dove, Wood Pigeon, Meadow Pipit and Goldcrest were seen as I went through the fields.

A Pr. Red Legged Partridge were feeding at the top of a field.

Not a drop of rain either which was a nice surprise given this mornings deluge.









Leeming Reservoir lots of shore line














No comments:

Post a Comment