Sunday 15 October 2017

√Bradshaw to Birdcage Lane

10:40....

Sue took Abigail to her friends 7th birthday party at Morley, Leeds this morning and she had arranged to take her dad (Ken 97) out to Ilkey this afternoon.
I'm thinking of buying  Ken a CB radio - he already has a handle - 
IM 97.

I decided to walk to Kens place and meet Sue there this aft.

My route was Bradshaw Park, Holdsworth, Windy Bank Lane, Crooked Lane, Pule Hill bridleway, Hag Lane bridleway , Claremont Road, Bone Yard cobbles. Then past Matalands, Nestlé, up past the Shay and up Free School Lane to Savile Park road and along Birdcage Lane.

The weather really caught me out today.
Very windy on Pule Hill but very, very warm elsewhere.
My perspiration levels were, well, not pleasant.

Not much time to stop and stare but very disappointed with the lack of birds about.

Crooked Lane had had another fly tipping experience, the garbage nearly covering the lane.

Pule Hill: Good numbers of Meadow Pipit and a Sparrowhawk that I nearly mistook for a Crow in silhouette, Jay.

Hag Lane: Unusually Magpie? Jay. 5 Mistle Thrush.

Bone Yard Cobbles: 6 Long Tailed Tit.

Saville Park: c60 Common Gull.

Birdcage Lane: Jay.

A good 40 mins stroll through the Oak woodland on Birdcage Hill revealed just a few Chaffinch and Blue Tit!
(No Woodpecker heard or seen).

Ilkley:

A short stroll along a really high River Wharf.

Sparrowhawk, Heron, Grey Wagtail a few Black Headed Gull and Mallard.

A really odd coloured Pigeon that I think must be a Woodpigeon.

I wonder how much I will have to pay for my toupee glue, to keep it in place during tomorrow afternoon's storm?




Bradshaw Fields with Pule Hill on the far horizon.





Crooked Lane dump




Pule Hill bridleway - a tad muddy


My destination - somewhere over there


Unusually Magpie with iridescence tail-
Maybe a trick of the sun light.



Queensbury from Hag Lane bridleway


A murky Shibden park lake


Mistle Thrush



Bone Yard Coobles




Nestle Buildings





Ilkley:



Unusual coloured Woodpigeon.
I don't think the bird is a Stock Dove.







No comments:

Post a Comment