Sunday 11 November 2018

Mixenden, Ogden and Bradshaw

14:10 - 16:30 (Dusk).

An enjoyable walk this afternoon, with dry bright and sunny weather.

After a very slow saunter from Mixenden to Ogden, I realised I was running out of time to get home in the light.
Ogden Water therefore, did not get a good looking at.

Birds:-

Mixenden Reservoir Area:

Mistle Thrush, c15 Gulls.
3 Goosander, Grey Wagtail.
Moorhen.

Path  to Ogden Water:

Beautiful scenery along this part of the walk.
A scan of the walls found a Little Owl sitting in the sunshine.
A further scan found a second Little Owl! sitting further along.

Also here a Pheasant.

A bit of a tussle, getting across into the Golf Course grounds, crossing the now , broken 'Mixenden Stile'.

The good track that leads to the golf maintenance buildings gave me some excitement.

A small bird flew in to the ferns to later re-appear on  the fence - a Stonechat.
A rare find for me this year.

I then flushed a Thrush like bird from beside the path.
The bird obviously had not seen me and made one alarm call (not a Blackbird) as it flew to the nearby trees.

Shades of grey were apparent from the rear view I had of the bird.

Dare I mention the Ringo word - I'll never know if it was a Ring Ouzel though!
I fired off a pic. but I cannot see any bird in it!


Approaching Ogden water a dark Kestrel like Raptor seemed to have quicker wingbeats than a Kestrel, but I failed to get it's picture.


15:30 Ogden Water.

The car park was packed ,even at this late hour.

c90 Gulls were hereabouts with lots passing overhead.

A Goosander flew away as I arrived - I just manged a few distant snaps before it left - north.

Not a lot else seen.

The Goldfinch flock were coming into roost in trees near the car park.
One call had a 'Nail scratching Glass' sound to it.

Pied wagtail and a Mistle Thrush were seen as I went home via the roads.

A really enjoyable afternoon out and about.













The 'Thrush' should be in this pic.
But I cannot see it!!






No comments:

Post a Comment