Saturday 20 April 2019

Birdcage Lane Area and Bradshaw - Soil Hill

Birdcage Lane Area:

I had an hours birding around the Birdcage Lane area this morning, mostly along New Road, on the look out for Peckers.

First up was a pr. Brambling seen briefly in the trees at the top of Broomfield Avenue.

Along New Road: Pr. Stock Dove, 4 Nuthatch, Pr. Jay, Long Tailed Tit, Coal Tit.

A Great Spotted Woodpecker calling.
A distant light drumming from another Pecker.

Bradshaw - Soil Hill etc.

From the garden 2 individual Swallow fly pasts.
(Later 3 more Swallow were seen near Taylor Lane).
A Buzzard over >E had a 'faint' frequent call?

Soil Hill.

I was a tad 'warm' when I got there!

2 Linnet, Curlews calling and very active  4 seen.
Possibly more in the lower Shay fields.

Pheasant, just 2 Skylark and 2 Meadow Pipit seen.

A very pleasing sight was that of a Wheatear on a distant wall.

The lower NK pond held a couple of Mallard and another on the water. 
To hot today to go down the gulley - well ok - going down ,fine, but, coming back up....

4 big loose dogs scared the living daylights out of me!!

An enjoyable, couple of birding sessions today.

21:00 Checking through my photos I see that my 3 Swallow are actually House Martin.





First time I've noticed the Red plumage on the back


Coal Tit ?



Cropped from above










No comments:

Post a Comment