Saturday 16 November 2019

Bradshaw - Soil Hill Circular Sat 16th Nov

13:30 - 15:30

A dull damp afternoon with the odd light shower but no wind for a change.
The usual birding walk through Bradshaw Farms up Ned Hill and over Soil Hill, down Taylor Lane to home.

An interesting outing with a few good birds about.

c20 Small Gulls and c10 Corvids were excited about something to eat along Ned Hill Track. When I arrived at the point where they had been I could not see anything - except a dog poo bag!

Birds:-

Mistle Thrush, Collard Dove, Starlings, Herring Gull.
2 Little Owl, Green Woodpecker.
Sparrowhawk - third day on the trot I've see Sparrowhawk which is some sort of record for me!
A few other species knocking about.
61 Pink Footed Geese over Bradshaw as I came down Taylor Lane was good to see.

Earlier as we passed the Dean Clough chimney, I took a speculative photo and it revealed a Peregrine Falcon once I'd looked at it on the laptop.



Little Owl No 1.









Little Owl No 2






2 comments:

  1. Good do to get the 'pinks' John. I guess alertness deserted me as I'm sure I should have got them from Cold Edge !! Nice Wren/Little Owl shot and doing well for Green Woodpeckers recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave.
    The Pinks were making a racket - that alerted me!
    It's amazing how soon they disappear from sight.
    Have a good week - the sun 🌞 is on it's way.
    John

    ReplyDelete