Thursday 14 November 2019

Coach Road, Lightcliffe / Soil Hill

A Sparrowhawk flew past the kitchen window this morning.

2 degrees of coolness, in Bradshaw,  this morning with a strong NNE wind saw me abandon a visit to Soil Hill in favour of Coach Road.

10:40 - 12:20 - Coach Road, Lightcliffe.

2 overcoats warmer and sheltered to some degree here.
I was hoping for good numbers of Winter Thrushes or maybe a Brambling.
Thrushes were hard to come by and no Brambling were seen.

Birds:-

3 Jay, Mistle Thrush, 1 Geat Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Nuthatch.
Good numbers of Long Tailed Tit flitting through the trees all the way down Coach Road bridleway.
Goldcrest.
6 Redwing, high in the dark tree canopy, and a few other sp.

I don't mention my Little Pecker any more.

Soil Hill.

After lunch I took the car up to Soil Hill to search for Snow Bunt.
A Sparrowhawk was seen from the car - probably the same bird as this morning.
I just did a quick circuit of the hill and Ned Hill Track in a bitterly cold N wind.
A few Gulls and a large flock c200 Starling about.

Not a lot happening - no Snow Bunt.

Coach Road:-








Soil Hill:







2 comments:

  1. Like the Fungi, John. I was down Ogden Back Lane and onto Thornton Moor looking for the Snow B's this aft - no show but I enjoyed the walk over the moor in the breeze !!! Hope you found your toupee..........if so super glue next time on 'The Hill'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave. I like the walk from Back Lane to Denholme Velvets. The Toupee was cheap - I didn't have "to pay" much for it.
    These northeries should bring some good birds soon.
    We jst need a bit of luck and a massive earthmover to shift some Soil Hill grass!!
    First one to see a snow bunt gets a Kit-Kat.
    (Albeit a small one)!

    ReplyDelete