Friday 8 November 2019

Swalesmoor Area and a Barn Owl elsewhere!

9:40 - 11:40

A birding day today starting with a walk up Ringby Lane and along Ringby Top, followed by  the Hag Lane circular bridleways.
I was on the Snow Bunt. hunt.

The weather was bright and breezy to start but very cold and windy on Ringby Top.
The rain just started as I got back to the car.
The ski-slope was having an autumn clean up.

After lunch I had a drive in the sleety rain to see what might be about.
After sitting in the car for 15 minutes until the worst of the rain had gone I got me boots on and had a gander about.

I put some meal worms out for the birds this aft.
My 'pied' Blackbird came along and enjoyed a few, eating the Mealworms very dignified like the Queen might - then 3 Starlings arrived - end of finesse!


Birds:

Ringby Lane area:

The usual Corvids and c70 Small Gull with a few Herring Gulls passing overhead , a few Meadow Pipit. Goldfinch, Dunnock and Starlings was about all I could manage here.

Hag Lane circular:

1 Redwing, 12 Fieldfare, 2 Goldcrest.
Starlings, Rooks and c40 Woodpigeon was about me lot.

Elsewhere:

The sleety rain abated and I was rewarded with a Barn Owl hunting - magic.
Yesterday's wet weather, probably bringing the bird out earlier today, to find food.
I manged a few record shots.

A rare bird to report , for a change, makes going out in this rotten weather,  worthwhile.





Herring Gull




















No comments:

Post a Comment