Thursday 7 November 2019

Ogden Thursday Afternoon

14:00 - 15:30 (ish).

After a real soaking doing the Aldi shopping with Sue this morning, I thought I'd try for second helpings at Ogden this aft.
Enough stair rods  to complete a stairway to heaven earlier, but amazingly I had only one major downpour to enjoy, early on, along the Ogden circuit.

With the very wet stuff, I took my smaller camera today.

The water was deadsville with just 2 Black Headed Gull on my arrival.
The Gull numbers did improve with c20 small Gulls at one point.

The first squint down the dark sluice area from the Prom, revealed nowt, but a second gander as I was leaving got me a feeding Dipper and a Kingfisher flying out of sight under the 'bridge'.

There were plenty of small birds feeding lower down in the trees because of the heavy rain.

Nuthatch, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit.
5 Treecreeper were a real bonus.
A Jay was making a rare old racket.
Goldcrest were 'everywhere' along passerine alley, never stopping for long, they are hard to photograph.

Edinburgh fringe joke.

A cowboy friend of mine asked me to round up 18 cows for him.
"OK" I said "You've got 20 cows".










The rain in Spain (ain't like this):-



No comments:

Post a Comment