Saturday 22 February 2020

Coach Road Area - Lightcliffe

14:00 - 16:00

Abi on school hols this week, so she has had a few days with us and some fun.
I managed a couple of hours birding this afternoon.
I was hoping to avoid the gale and the Ogden Sat. crowds with my run down to Lightcliffe.
I managed to avoid the crowds but the wind was whistling through the trees here making them groan and creak.
Some had succumbed to the gales.

Very quiet bird wise, especially on the way up Coach Road from the golf club.
The return journey was a bit better.

Bird of the day was Long Tailed Tit with many heard and at least 6 seen.
The others, 2 Nuthatch, 2 Redwing, 4 Greenfinch, 6 Stock Dove and a Mistle Thrush took some finding.

A few corvids went high to sort something out - the something was  a Sparrowhawk.
However, with the strong wind and the attention of the Corvids the Sparrowhawk looked like a Magpie first off, so I was a tad late taking a photo.

A solitary Lapwing flew over my car at the Raggalds - The Flood had loads of juice but no birds.



Roll on spring.


Passing high above Mixenden Reservoir, this morning, a distant rubbish photo!







No comments:

Post a Comment