Sunday 23 February 2020

Here, There, Everywhere

A bit of a 'run around' day today with a visit to Heckmondwike trampoline park with Abi this morning, then a visit to Soyland to Sue's sisters then a 'detour' via Ringstone Reservoir on our way home this afternoon.

A cold, cold windy day.

A quick saunter along the Soyland lanes for a few minutes did not reveal much - lots of distant Gulls in the fields.

Ringstone was bitter cold, I don't remember ever being here on a warm day!
From the NE end a contingent of Lapwing could be seen at distance in the fields.

A look from the SW end by the houses did not reveal much until a black and white 'duck' flew low over the water, to land as far as possible, from me, where I'd just come from.

It was still present when I got back, but diving constantly, remaining in the waves for a moment or two before disappearing again.

My hands, like my head, were a bit numb as I tried in vain to anticipate where the bird would surface, to get a decent photo.

Lower down the road, c20 Redwing and a Mistle Thrush were feeding in a really smelly field.

A Raven and a Heron flew over the car later.



Looking from Soyland towards Ogden






No comments:

Post a Comment