Sunday 9 August 2020

Local Outing - Rose-Ringed Parakeet?

Not much birding of late, mostly watching the skies from the garden.
Yesterday a Green Woodpecker called from very close by, but I did not eyeball it.
c30 Large Gulls > N in the twilight.
A good few Swallows still feeding near the garden.
Kestrel.

This evening a walk up the local fields brought some interest.

Kestrel, 2 Little Owl.

c20 Canada Geese with 2 'odd ball' Geese that I am unsure of.
I was thinking they were Canada Geese but they appear to have pink legs so I'm undecided.
Possibly Canada x Greylag Hybrid.
My main birding book is somewhere under a dust sheet - bet you haven't heard that excuse before!

A very bright, light green, long bodied and thin bird flew past.
I got a good view of it but I was disappointed to only get a couple of poor photos before I lost it in trees.
I can only think it is a Rose-Ringed Parakeet?









No comments:

Post a Comment