Thursday 6 August 2020

Pied Flycatcher and Recent Outings

Yesterday:

We had a walk around the Crow's Nest Golf Course area.
Not a lot happening 4 Jay was the highlight.

In the evening a report of a possible Med. Gull had me take a walk down by Bradshaw Church, where is was good to bump into DJS on the same hunt.
Some enjoyable chat, a good number of Gulls but no Med Gull.

Today:

Taylor Lane:

A text very early doors (for me anyhow) from DJB of a Pied Flycatcher along Taylor Lane, gave me food for though. Another text later had me walking up there to meet DJB. 
2 Little Owl seen along the way.
We had a long wait before I manged to pick out the bird and I managed photo - a rare bird for me in Calderdale.
Thanks again Daniel.

Ringstone:

We had a drive out to Ringstone this aft. for a longish walk.
The weather having turned quite hot.
We seem to struggle finding the right paths here for a circular walk from the reservoir
Our OS map is somewhere under several dust sheets while the kitchen is being tarted up.
Anyway after the walk I had a look at the reservoir.

Birds:

Black Headed Gull, Common Gull, Lesser Black Backed Gull.
Sparrowhawk, Greylag Goose, 8 Pied Wagtail, Greenfinch.
Meadow Pipit,Heron, Tufted Duck, Great Crested Greb.
Goldfinch and Linnet in good numbers.








From the garden this evening.

6 Mistle Thrush Over.
Kestrel?



2 comments: