Thursday 21 January 2021

Bradshaw - Holdsworth Circular Exercise Walk

 A long wait for the snow and later sleet showers to pack up and go home today.

Late afternoon and things had improved so I had an exercise walk from home past Bradshaw Park, through the St. John's Cross fields on through the small copse to Holdsworth.

The return was via the Calderdale Way (mostly) plus a trek up the fields nearer home.

 Good job I'd me wellies on a lot of the paths were small streams and very boggy.

A fox was seen along the way.

Birds:-

Another struggle to find anything 'special' - mind you they are all special in their own way.

A quick glimpse of a brownish Raptor (that I took for a Mistle Thrush at first) zoomed out of a garden, past me nose end, near Bradshaw Park to immediately disappear over the house.

Had  to be a Sparrowhawk.

Little Owl.

Nearly dark, and as I walked down the lane towards home, Crows  began a commotion.

I scanned the sky and a large bird was being 'interviewed' by a Crow, other Crows went to join in the interview.

The large bird was obliging  and flew directly towards me - a Buzzard.

Either the gloom or my ineptitude with the camera resulted in some really poor photos!











No comments:

Post a Comment