Thursday 18 February 2021

Coach Road - Lightcliffe

I had an exercise outing up and down Coach Road this morning, to escape the strong wind in Bradshaw.

Breezy and quite cool but dry.

I was hoping for Woodpeckers but did not see any.

Woodpeckers Drumming:

I did hear 2 Woodpeckers drumming but it was all a bit odd?

The 1st one was very close to me and the bird must have chosen a really rotten tree because the drumming note was very, very deep and did not last long at all. 

Perhaps the bird was disappointed with the drumming result because I did not hear or see it again.

The 2nd drummer was miles off to the south and very faint, again this did not last long.

So both were somewhat 'dubious '.

No doubt they will be drumming loudly soon?

Birds:

6 Nuthatch (5 heard, 1 seen).

4 Mistle Thrush - 1 singing

c10 Long Tailed Tit

2 Jay

and the usual species.









No comments:

Post a Comment