Monday 22 February 2021

Ploughcroft Lane to Bradshaw / Raggalds flood

Sue dropped me at the bottom of Ploughcroft Lane (on her way to drop some toiletries off for Emma) and allow me a nice walk home.

A tough climb up the lane was followed by some more uphill to Ringby Top.

By the time I got to the top I had a right sweat on - I had on my winter woolies -  with the sun shining.

It was all downhill via Crooked Lane, to beyond Holdsworth where it was a pleasant flat walk through the fields to home.

Crooked Lane is part of the Calderdale Way, long distance path, and it is a real eyesore, with masses of rubbish tipped in several places along its length and it stinks!

Not too long ago it was a great sight to see on the walk, with some lovely cobble stones, a great shame it looks this bad.

Birds:

Ringby Lane to Crooked Lane bottom:

Disappointing along Ringby Lane.

Just some of the Crow family:

Karen, Jack, Jay, Rookie and Maggie, if you get my drift.

and a Dunnock and Blackbird  - no Gulls.

In fact very few Gulls seen throughout the afternoon.

Crooked Lane bottom - Holdsworth:

At the bottom of Crooked Lane a solitary Crow was mobbing a Sparrowhawk, very high in the blue sky, with 2 Gulls floating about in the mix.

Some weird colours of the Crow in the photo.

Holdsworth to Oats Royd:

Green Woodpecker.

2 Mistle Thrush.

Rook gathering nesting material.

 Oats Royd to Home:

6 Greenfinch.

Chaffinch etc in the park.

A Little Owl called from near 'it's usual spot' but I did not eyeball it.

Am I losing my Little Owl Mojo?

Raggalds Flood:

1 Pink Footed Goose.

1 Curlew

1 Pied Wagtail.

1 Black Headed Gull.

The PFG and Curlew disappeared after a while, so I did not grapevine that they had gone, in case they returned - and they did  later(DBr).


P.s looks to be a Raven in the Sparrowhawk mob?

(Final pic).






























No comments:

Post a Comment