Wednesday 24 February 2021

Coach Road, Lightcliffe and Raggalds Flood

A squally, windy morning here in Bradshaw, so I had a run down to Lightcliffe for my exercise walk after lunch.

Just a few spots of rain here, but a very dull day.

It was good to have a short chat with M.S. and 'His Boss' when they pulled up in the car next to me to say hello.

Birds:-

Coach Road:

Tough going, but enough to keep the interest alive.

3 Great Spotted Woodpeckers.

2 way across the other side of the golf course, high in a tree.

and a third bird, that was drumming from a nearby rotten tree. 

This bird flew off just as I arrived at the tree.

Only 2 Nuthatch seen today.

Others included Long Tailed, Coal, Great and Blue Tit.

Chaffinch, 2 Stock Dove, Many Woodpigeon.

2 Mistle Thrush, Goldfinch, Robin.

Blackbird.

A good few Jackdaw and a few other sp.


Raggalds Flood:

I had a look at the flood on the way past.

The Pink Footed Goose was still in residence.

It looks to me that it might have damaged its right wing?

I wonder if it's hit something on it's fly past.

The water is fast disappearing here, and it will probably have gone by tomorrow.


Drumming Woodpecker



Tomorrow morning's sky - today


Both Woodpeckers - very distant.
And cropped individually - below
Not Great!!










I can still remember 'The Coast' just.





Damaged Wing?





No comments:

Post a Comment