Saturday 18 September 2021

Shibden Park

 We took Abigail to Shibden Park this morning to feed the birds.

A beautiful sunny outing and the park was not too busy early on.

 While Abi and Sue were in the play area and later while when they had a boat and train ride I had a long look around the lake and in the woods.

Nothing special came along, in fact the woods were mega quiet, with just Robins singing.

A Raptor, high, east, was the highlight - a Sparrowhawk I believe.

A text from PD this afternoon, of an Osprey over his area, had me scanning South of me.

Its would be a long way from Bradshaw, and although I did get a 'large bird' moving slowly way over to the west It could have been "anything".

I did get a photo of a large Gull from the garden? 

But it could be a Cormorant or a Diver species?

Or maybe another Osprey? 

Now where are those straws I'm clutching at?

Birds:-

Sparrowhawk, Black Headed Gull, Mute Swan, Coot, Moorhen.

Canada Goose, Robin, Wren.

A few large Gulls over was about all.

Plenty of Robins singing though.






From the garden sky watch this aft:-
(not the 'PD' bird - could not get anything on that)






No comments:

Post a Comment