Thursday 6 January 2022

Bradshaw - Soil Hill circular

A bitterly cold day today  (especially on top of Soil Hill)  and the usual circular walk.

Very windy on the tops but it remained dry - snowing at home this aft.

As expected there was not a lot about, however 32 Fieldfare were good to see from the bottom of Taylor Lane . 

Higher up Taylor Lane c20 Redwing were flitting about, also a nice find.

Soil Hill was exhilarating, hand slappingly cold, bereft of birds.

3 Red Legged Partridge flushed from south of East Croft Farm.

The Little Owl flushed from near my path, landing quite close by.

I would not have seen it if it had not moved.

2 Kestrel were seen nearing home.

At least I think the second bird is a Kestrel, although I only just caught it in the camera as it zoomed high past our house - see what you think - the picture 'aint a lot of help really?

A few hardy Common Gulls about.

A few Starlings , a Blackbird and a Robin on the meal worms this aft.













Kestrel 1.


Kestrel 2.


4 comments:

  1. Good enough for a Kestrel John. Like the Redwings on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave.
    Pretty birds Redwings.
    I asked the Little Owl for a fiver but it shook its head.
    It didn't give a hoot.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. Several of my regular Little Owl sites are vacant for some unknown reason. Hang on to the ones you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here Dave.
    I used to have 4 reliable sites but just one now.
    I believe there are 2 Little Owl hereabouts but normally only see the one.

    ReplyDelete