Saturday 8 January 2022

Garden /Soil Hill Circular

Abi with us as usual today and during a threesome jigsaw extravaganza I happened to be looking out of the window (who wouldn't) when a distant 'Red Kite' like Raptor was seen over Oats Royd.

Grabbing the bins and camera I headed to the door - the bird was hardly moving in the sky but  I soon lost it in the dark overcast clouds.

I manged a few very poor photos and the Raptor is a Buzzard (Ta AC).

When the rain finally packed in I had a late afternoon stroll up to look along Soil Hill's main track, leaving via the east path to Percy Road and Taylor Lane.

A very soggy Soil Hill was deserted, the best I could do throughout the walk was 4 Mistle Thrush.

Water was pouring out onto the road at the bottom of Taylor Lane - that should be fun when it freezes later on.

At least the walk got the lungs moving nicely.










No comments:

Post a Comment