Tuesday 4 January 2022

Soil Hill and Local Fields

A penetrating frost this morning with the door, garden gate and car frozen solid.

I manged to lock my self in my frozen up car - but least said the better.

I thought I'd got a 2nd Mega - but least said the better.

One of those days.

I had a walk up to Soil Hill via a very slippery Taylor Lane.

It was good to bump into and have a chat with DJS up there in the cold sunshine.

Home was via the Bradshaw farm fields.

After lunch I had an hour or so with Abi and Sue in Bradshaw Park (Abi's last day off school today).

With the sun still shining I gave the local fields another try, where there were loads of Thrushes zooming about,

A marvellous day to be out and about after, what seems like, months of fog and drizzle.

Birds:-

Soil Hill:

Meadow Pipit, Blackbird, Pink Footed Geese, Moorhen. Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Bradshaw:

3 Bullfinch.

2 Common Gull.

Stock Dove.

32 Redwing.

Starlings and a few Mistle Thrush.

and a few others.

Soil Hill:






Bradshaw:















1 comment: