Friday 20 May 2022

Ogden (p.m.) and Thornton Cycle Track (a.m)

A mid-afternoon circuit of Ogden Water today, calm but dull, threatening rain, which stayed away until after I got home.

I tried for the Pied Flycatcher but could not locate it, however I believe I have got a snippet of its call /song on video.

This morning we enjoyed a short walk from Thornton along the cycle track to the tunnel entrance and back.

Some Birds:-

Thornton Cycle Track:

Swift, Blackcap, Whitethroat, Buzzard.

Ogden:

2 Heron (possibly 3) included 1 Juv.).

Song Thrush.

Common Sandpiper made a pleasant change.

A large c30 Long Tailed Tits moving through the waterside bushes was nice to see.

8 Mallard Duckling -  I wonder how many Ogden Mallards Ducklings make it?

Cuckoo calling from the West Side (distant), my 1st of 2022.

Lonely looking Juv. Mute Swan.

6 Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

A Raptor, high in the dullness, that I managed some poor photos of as it passed quickly out of sight is probably a Kestrel.

Yesterday evening's sky watch had  a short lived excitement, when a large bird flew high, from beyond Roper Lane and glided 'motionless' for ages before disappearing behind a farmhouse - it was a Heron alas!

A Pied Wagtail was on a house roof when I got back from Ogden.


Pied Flycatcher snippet.
(at the very end of a short video)





Two Kestrel Photos



Juv. Heron






No comments:

Post a Comment