Thursday 19 May 2022

Ringby Lane Swalesmoor to Bradshaw via Howcans Bridleway

A local-ish walk this afternoon, where I slipped up with my fashionable clothing, with most of it residing in the pack while the sun burned my 'ead off.

With the heavy-ish pack, heavy-ish camera and bins, I found it tough going in the heat.

I think I'll have to change to a smaller camera, when going on a long-ish walk on warm-ish days.

(I've just found '-ish' in my dictionary , so I though I'd use it as often as possible).

Sue drooped me at the bottom of Ringby Lane and I walked up past the recycling plant and along the top to drop down to the Queensbury boundary. Across the road and down a few yards of Crooked Lane before a left down Howcans bridleway.

A leisurely stroll down the bridleway, a beautiful walk with lots of birdsong and bright yellow gorse on the hillside.

I returned to Crooked Lane and walked down it to follow the Calderdale Way to home.

Lots of birdsong but not many birds showing themselves.

Birds:-

Meadow Pipits (but not many).

Skylarks (but not many). 

Raven mobbed by crows.

Linnet.

2 Whitethroat (My first local ones).

3 Lesser Black-backed Gulls overhead as I passed the recycling plant.

A few large Gulls high overhead seen from Howcans bridleway.

Woodpigeon, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Swallow.

Blackcap, Pied Wagtail.

Canada Goose with 3 Goslings.

No Raptors on Ringby Top which is unusual.

Birdsong from conifers, at the top of Crooked Lane , long-ish  high pitched short notes has me beat - see video.

Last night's outing up the local fields brought me a Little Owl and a Stock Dove.


Last Evening.



Bradshaw and Soil Hill seen from Ringby Top








Unidentified Birdsong





2 comments:

  1. Hi John, sorry can't get your bird song on my computer. A couple on nice Small tortoiseshells too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave. Thanks for trying. It sounds like a nail being scratched on glass, quite prolonged (not a wood warbler!!!).

    ReplyDelete