Tuesday 24 May 2022

Ogden to Bradshaw

It was quite a bit later today when I finally manged to get me boots on.

We took Sue's ex-boss to the Golden Hind Fish and Chip restaurant in  Brighouse for the 'Old Farts' Tuesday/Thursday menu.

It say 'senior citizens' on the menu but you can hear,  'these are old farts' emanating slowly from the menu as if it were human, as you peruse it.

(Maybe not an beginning on the meal but certainly at the end).

Anyway you get Fish & Chips (salad in our case) bread & butter, coffee and a pud (Lemon Sponge and Custard for me) all for under a £10.

Very good value and excellent quality I might add.

(In fact I have added ? - what an odd saying).

Later on Sue dropped me at Ogden to walk off half of the calories.

First I went to try for the Common Redstart and then along the circuit to try for the Pied Flycatcher.

I manged to locate the Redstart but there was no sight or sound of the Flycatcher.

With the diversion for the woodland birds I only managed half the circuit today.

Birds:

Common Redstart.

2 Swift ( 1 over Bradshaw earlier).

Song Thrush.

Swallow, House Sparrow, 2 Heron, 7 Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Mallard with two Ducklings.

Raven, 2 Blackcap. Great Spotted Woodpecker (h).

Great Crested Grebe, Jay.

Mute Swan.

A Little Owl near the Moorlands Pub was a new location and nice addition to the outing.

Rook. Collard Dove.














No comments:

Post a Comment