Wednesday 25 May 2022

Ogden Water / Woods

A wet very windy day today that improved after lunch.

I had a run out to Ogden in the afternoon to see if 'owt had dropped in.

Bits of light rain early on in the walk soon packed in and it was dry for the rest of the outing but the strong wind was a nuisance.

I had a walk half way around the water before opting to try the woodland for the Pied Flycatcher.

The bird sang periodically from fairly high in the waving conifers but try as I might I did not eyeball it.

A bit further along I left the circuit in favour of the woodland track that rises to the metal kissing gate on the east side track.

I could hear the Common Redstart singing, from my usual vantage point, but the bird was deeper in the woods and higher up (north).

I returned to the kissing gate and legged in along the woodland path, guided by the song.

When I got near I managed a glimpse of the bird before it flew off in the direction where I just left!

Other Birds:-

Oystercatcher.

2 Heron, Great Crested Grebe, 4 Canada Geese, Mute Swan.

6 Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Buzzard, Raven.

Great Spotted Woodpecker(h).

Loads of shoreline here.








No comments:

Post a Comment