Thursday 26 May 2022

Redcar Tarn - Keighley and Local Fields

Redcar Tarn:

Lunch out with friends at Stephen Smith's Garden centre at Harden today was followed by a short detour to Redcar Tarn, Keighley, on our way home.

A truly miserable day and our arrival at the tarn coincided with a torrential downpour driven on by a near gale force wind - it's very high here.

Luckily my arrival also coincided with Sue receiving a phone call from one of her friends, so she could have a good natter, while I got wet!

I put my waterproofs on and had a short walk about, but only half way around.

KM was seen as I arrived back at the car, He had the good sense to park sideways on and look at the birds through the bins from the car.

A good few Gulls here, plenty of Sub-adult Gulls that are hard for me to ID with any confidence.

In weather like this a lengthy study of a particular bird isn't an option.

I took a good few photos so I could get thoroughly confused at my leisure later.

Local Fields:

Late afternoon and the rain packed in, the sun came out but the gale remained as I headed up the local fields for a short walk.

Birds:-

Redcar Tarn:

20+ Swift.

Swallow.

Tufted Duck. Coot. Moorhen. Mallard.

Black Headed Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Herring Gull.

Canada Goose with young.

Local Fields:

3 Swift, 3 Swallow, 2 Red Legged Partridge,

Little Owl.

1 Large Gull , distant, probably a Lesser Black-backed Gull.


















No comments:

Post a Comment