Wednesday 21 September 2022

Swalesmoor - Ringby Lane / Top

A late afternoon wander along Ringby Lane, on a dull afternoon. 

A cool breeze on the tops where the usual Crows were present with only c15 large Gulls.

A potential Great Black-backed Gull (going by leg colour).

Also hereabouts: Raven,  Kestrel, 2 Pied Wagtail.

3 Green Woodpecker flushed from a field near the steep bit as I went along.

A Large Raptor high > N flying pretty fast was seen by the Crow family but only one Crow flew high enough in the time, to give it any grief before it was away.

It is probably a Buzzard but some white at the back of the head was seen through my bins before my pretty poor photos were taken.

I've tried to get some light into the photos.

Always difficult to know whether to use the bins or camera when a fast moving bird appears.

 Judging by my photos I should stick to the bins.

Earlier: A Peregrine was seen.

A Sparrowhawk and Nuthatch were seen at White Windows, Sowerby Bridge.

2 Jay were seen near Whitehill Dental Practice when we took Emma for a check up.







GBBG ??



Large Raptor Photos Below:-







2 comments:

  1. LBBG for me John. Raptor......baffled... though I had a leaning to Marsh Harrier but not sure at all. Have you got two raptors together in one shot ? Plenty Buzzard activity today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Dave. I was hoping for Marsh Harrier especially seeing some white through the bins. Yes ..it dies looks like 2 Raptors in one pic. At that height I cannot get much light into the photos on full zoom alas. The Gull did look "small' but the leg colour looked 'right'. Ill settle for 2 Buzzards and a LBBG... till next time. Many thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete