Monday 3 October 2022

All over the shop

A long day birding today ,  mild and dry a pleasant time.

2 Buzzard were over Oats Royd as I had a short garden watch this morning.

This afternoon, with Sue engaged elsewhere, I had a walk from Elland to Brighouse along the canal and river - a very pleasant walk.

Late afternoon, early evening I took the 502 bus from Bradshaw to Ogden , so I could walk home bart car, while Sue was enjoying a meal with her friend. 

I opted to make myself a sarnie (Ham, Tomato, Mustard and Mayo) - don't knock it till you've tried it , it was de-lish as I ate  it on Soil Hill main track later and a banana (yes a whole one just for me) for pud yum yum.

Birds:

Elland to Brighouse:

I did not look at the feeding area(s) today.

9 Goosander. 20 Cormorant. Heron. 14 Mute Swan.

(There could be some duplication in the above numbers with birds on the move).

Swans:

I originally though that I'd got some Whoopers hidden by the trees as they flew past me.

I fired off a photo and on the mega cropped version I've managed to capture 4 Swan.

I cannot tell from the photo what species they are but logic dictates that they will be Mute.

Grey Wagtail. Nuthatch. Long Tailed Tit. Kingfisher.

5 Moorhen. Buzzard. Bullfinch. Heron.

Loads of dogs.

A distant Raptor over Hipperholme on the way home is prob. a Sparrowhawk.


Ogden to Home.

Ogden really quiet.

Nuthatch, Pied Wagtail, 

Usual Gulls sp. but not many birds.

Soil Hill Area:

4 Buzzard - one taking a real dislike to another with talon drawn.

3 Stonechat (Ned Hill Lane).

Kestrel, Little Owl.

A Peregrine was seen elsewhere.



Swan.


Sparrowhawk?













No comments:

Post a Comment