Wednesday 27 March 2024

Ringstone Reservoir / Local Fields

We called at Ringstone reservoir on our way 'out and about' this morning.

I just had a look from the wall and the reservoir is very full at the moment.

A cool breeze was blowing with a few drops of rain before some heavier rainy stuff sent me packing - soft wimp what I am.

Late afternoon I enjoyed a walk up the local fields, a dullish do with quite a cold wind here.

It was pretty quiet with most birds gone for an early Easter holiday.

Birds:

Ringstone Reservoir.

Great Crested Grebe (My first Calderdale one in 2024).

Starling Flock hidden by a field wall.

A few Fieldfare also difficult to see - only picked out later from a photograph.

2 Oystercatcher.

3 Pied wagtail.

c15 Meadow Pipit.

Kestrel.

Pheasant.

Moorhen.

Just 1 Lapwing seen ?

Two Big Brown Rats scuttled away as I peered  (yes peered )over the wall next to the feeders by the roadside.

Local Fields:

1 Kestrel.

3 Stock Dove.

1 Little Owl.

Ringstone Reservoir:-









Local Fields:-








No comments:

Post a Comment