Saturday 27 April 2024

Castle Carr Road and Cold Edge Dams (Wainstalls)

The cold easterly wind persists keeping migrating birds at bay (my excuse anyway).

With the ladies on a shopping trip I took the car over to Wainstalls to walk along  Castle Carr Road where the views are fantastic.

I endured a short lived hail shower early on but things improved and it remained dry but very cold throughout.

It was good to chat to JS/DJS as I was coming back along the the road.

Having not seen a great deal I extended my visit with a walk up, the  very boggy in places, path to Cold Edge Dams. 

I faired a bit better a cold edge but nothing much on the water.

Birds:-

8 Swallow.

Many Curlew were great to see.

A few Lapwing.

6 Linnet and lots of Meadow Pipit.

3 Red Grouse (heard).

It was very pleasing to hear Golden Plover singing and calling.

Skylark.

Reed Bunting.

Willow Warbler.

Just a Canada Goose and 2 Mallard on the lower dam.

2 Pairs of Tufted Duck and a Greylag Goose on the higher dam.

A Snipe was seen on a post as I was coming back down the boggy path.

3 Collard Dove.

Greenfinch and Chaffinch.
















No comments:

Post a Comment