Monday 8 April 2024

On the buses and local

I'm at the age where I have more hair in my lug oles and nostrils than on the top of me 'ed.

Lucky for me I have a buzzy gizmo to de-bristle me sen, which I employed today and whoa don't  I look good today.

I can now sniff like the lady in the Hi Karate advert.

It was good to get out and about a bit further today, than of late, with a window of settled weather on offer.

We caught the 502 Keighley bus from Bradshaw as far as Cross Roads and shared a Curd Tart in the excellent Wilde's café there, while we waited for our connecting K3 bus to Hebden Bridge.

From Hebden we walked along the canal to Mytholmroyd where we shared a Toasted Currant Teacake in the Blue Teapot Café before continuing on Luddenden Foot.

Two buses to get to Bradshaw Cenotaph  where we were lucky , just, avoiding the traffic build up caused by an accident at the junction of Per Lane and Cow Hill Gate Lane (by the looks of the Emergency Services flashing lights).

The rain did get us on the way up the road to home.

Birds:-

Walk:

(Just a small camera today).

9 Chiffchaff.

2 Blackcap.

Pr. Goosander.

1 Barnacle Goose.

2 Pink Footed Geese.

7 Heron Nest's but 2 looked extremely 'dodgy'

3 Herons at the nests.

Grey Wagtail.

Nuthatch.

2 Swallow.

Buzzard.

3 Lapwings seen from the bus near Hebden.

Local Fields.

1 Meadow Pipit.

1 Mistle Thrush.

1 Little Owl.

c5 Blackbird.

3 Pheasant.

3 Stock Dove.

3 Large Gulls overhead.












No comments:

Post a Comment