Thursday 9 May 2024

On the bus again

We had to see the dentist this morning so our bus ride got off to a later than usual start.

We caught the 502 from Bradshaw to Halifax and then went into Spoons at Bull Green for coffee and toast - Sue had a breakfast roll - once she'd got up off the floor , I told her she was way too old to be rolling about... anyway I thought the real roll she had was pure greed. My toast did come with jam so maybe I had the came calories?

Another bus got us to Todmorden and here we walked along the canal to Littleborough ... a tad hot today.

We called at the Summit Inn for a pint and some nuts - really enjoyable.

Set off at 13:55 (p.m) home 7.00 pm.

Just a small camera and not really a birding walk... not much going on.

Good to bump into P.G. on his way home from some birding in some Foreign joint, Majorca or somewhere like that I think he said..... anyway I weren't interested anyway was I .. they don't have Magpies there do they?.

Birds:

Just a fewbirds  of note.

Dipper. Green Woodpecker.

Canada Goose Goslings: 25 (1,4,6,6,5,3).

A Pink Footed Goose was seen as we approached Littleborough.

It looks very, very large for a PFG but I cant turn it into a bean.

See what you think.



Looks very PFG here.



Here, next to a Canada Goose it looks very big



No comments:

Post a Comment