Wednesday 12 June 2024

Bradshaw - Soil Hill and back

A pleasant afternoon and as Sue was seeing a friend I had some free time to wander off up to Soil Hill.

Sunny today, but this cold wind still persists, especially up on Mount Have-a-Rest.

I did venture to the bottom of the north slope where I stood lonely as a cloud and ate my apple.

I had thought of venturing further down through - Bog-o-ta (get it?) but the thought left me brain as soon as it entered.

Instead I just wander back up again.

Two birds were 'seen' during the apple feast - neither identified as they shot into the foliage.

A Pheasant was kind enough to squawk and fly off and a few Lesser Black-backed Gulls and Swifts were about.

Birds:-

Whitethroat seen from Bradshaw Lane.

6 Swallow, 2 Pheasant.

c10 Swift bombing about.

Pied Wagtail, Skylark, Linnet, Meadow Pipit.

Curlew (maybe 2) calling.

2 Willow Warbler.

c10 Lesser Black-backed Gull all > W.

1 Kestrel.

Moorhen on NK pond.

2 Starlings.

Goldfinch and a few other species.

2 Peregrine were seen on a trip to town (We were on the trip not the Peregrine).
















No comments:

Post a Comment