Tuesday 11 June 2024

On The Buses - Take Two

More of the same again today - 526 To Halifax - Bus to Todmorden - Walk along the canal to Hebden Bridge.

A bit of a change, taking the Keighley bus all the way to Keighley ( a bit of a dodgem driver today) where we enjoyed a late lunch / early tea at Spoons.

I had a chicken wrap with some Moroccan spices - a good way to warm up, with sweat appearing on me bald patch!

Home approaching 5 p.m.

Along the canal a man passed us who was on his mobile.

Sue said "We saw him last time we walked along here and he was on his phone then".

"Yep" I said "he's called Dave" .

"Do you know him?" Sue asked.

"Yep - he's called Dave Javu".

I can be quite funny sometimes - but today I had day off.

Later on I had the usual boggy stroll up the local fields - it was very cool. 

Birds:-

Walk:-

2 Great Spotted Woodpecker and 1 Green Woodpecker (all heard none seen).

2 Grey Wagtail.

House Martin.

Local Fields:

2 Curlew.

2 Little Owl.

25 Starling.

20 Woodpigeon.

Whitethroat.

Pheasant.

A couple of Lesser Black-backed Gull over.

Wren, 1 Swallow.

Oystercatcher calling loudly to the south of me (unseen).

My Calderdale yearly list remains on "Coop Tea" if anyone can remember that saying.

Walk:-



Local Fields:










No comments:

Post a Comment