Friday 11 October 2024

Local Birding

A cold bright sort of day with cloud building as the day progressed.
The first Autumn frost on the car windscreen this a.m.
I did some 'viz-mig' sky watching from about 8:30 am to 9:30 a.m. (awaiting Alec -Alec-trician that is) from the garden but saw very little from my vantage point.
The 'highlight' of this stint was a flock of large birds strung out, miles off, over Halifax > East.
No sooner had I seen them than they were eaten up by the building opposite our house obscuring my view.
No one else reported seeing them and no photo so I'll write them of as Canada Geese.
DJB reported some Whoopers he saw from Soil Hill but these did not materialise in my airspace alas.

Later, I enjoyed two short outings up the local fields.
The morning visit was cold and bright but the late afternoon visit was plagued by nuisance light rain.

Birds:-
(a.m.).
Stonechat, 2 Little Owls.
3 Wren, 5 Meadow Pipit, 10 Common Gull.
A singing Chiffchaff.

(p,m.).

12 Common Gull . 2 Lesser Black-backed Gull Over head.
Great Spotted Woodpecker.
4 Red Legged Partridge.
2 Mistle Thrush.
Little Owl.
2 Meadow Pipit.
Chaffinch.

Quiz.
Which band released the album Tranquillity Base Hotel in 2018?
Answer lower down.













Quiz Answer:
Arctic Monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment