I had a visit to make to deliver a birthday present to Helen at Luddenden Foot and I took the opportunity to visit Blackstone Edge and Whiteholme Reservoirs as as was "over that way".
I went there via the Ripponden Road.
After my visit here I needed to go down Turvin Road through Crag Vale to get to Burnley Road and Luddenden Foot, but the sign near Blackstone Reservoir informed that the road was closed.
A dog walker I talked to told me that I could get through, via a small road near the bottom of the long hill nearing Mytholmroyd, so I headed off down the road.
As I got a bit nearer the bottom, and unsure of the route, I pulled in to let
the car behind me pass so I could follow him to Burnley Road.
Anyway... I could not keep up with the bugger, he drove so fast.
"Fortunately" as I neared the bottom a big white van pulled out in front of me, and this van was towing another flat back vehicle carrying several timber planks!!
So I thought - yes he is definitely going to the main drag so I followed this ungainly pair of vehicles.
This turned out to be a BIG mistake as it turned right at the bottom and headed along a really narrow road rising up and up the valley, obviously not going to the main drag.
Having committed myself I decided to carry on and follow the 2 vans.
We met 2 more vans and the bus along the way - getting past was interesting stuff.
Anyway the road came out at Pinfold Lane, Sowerby Bridge! and I had to go up Tuel Lane to get to Burnley Road and head off all the way back to Luddenden Foot.
The moral of the story is look at the map you clown......
..... And the Waders seen at Whiteholme earlier (MH AC) eluded me.
On the plus side I got a nice cup of tea and a tart thingy at Helens and a Juv. Great Spotted Woodpecker was on her feeders.
Birds:-
Blackstone Res:
5 Pied Wagtail and a Peregrine Falcon over the water - fast.
Whiteholme Res:
c20 Meadow Pipit. 4 Pied Wagtail. Wren, Crow.
2 Wheatear.
2 Swallow.
1 Greylag Goose. Mallard with 2 Ducklings.
Reed Bunting,
Bradshaw Fields (Last Evening):
3 Little Owl.
4 Raven.
Green Woodpecker.
2 Mistle Thrush.
Blackstone Res:
No comments:
Post a Comment