Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Ogden Water

12:30 - 14:45

I had a run over to Ogden Water after lunch today It was a bit busier with schoolkids and families but not too bad.
A dull, still, warm muggy sort of outing with lots of midges appearing on the west side for some reason.
Not much on offer today really, but with the good amounts of shoreline the next few weeks could actually bring in a Wader (I hope).
It was pleasing to see 9 Swallow together on a line as I walked past the activity centre near the woods to cross Back Lane and drop down to the water's edge.

Birds:-

9 Swallow together plus a few mobile. 
3 Heron. Coal Tit.Grey Wagtail.
A Pheasant that I nearly trod on proved my heart is still working!
10 Canada Geese. c40 Black Headed Gull. C40 Lesser Black-baked Gull.
1 Common Gull. c75 Mallard. 5 Herring Gull.
1 Tufted Duck. Great Crested Grebe.
Nuthatch. Siskin. Bullfinch
and a few other regulars.















No comments:

Post a Comment