Monday, 27 July 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill - Ogden Water - Bradshaw

11:10 - 14:50.

I had my usual 3 hour birding outing today with a walk over Soil Hill and around Ogden Water - home via the farm tracks and field paths.

I nearly missed being caught by the squally drizzly stuff that plagued the morning but not quite - being caught by a short burst going up Taylor Lane.

The wind was a feature throughout - especially on Soil Hill where I managed to see 2 Stock Dove,  1 Swift a few Swallow and flush a Skylark and a Meadow Pipit Nothing on the overgrown NK pond and the north slope is impassable at the moment baht Machete.

(Some) Birds:-

Greenfinch. Swallows. 4 Stock Dove.
1 Swift. 1 Skylark. 1 Meadow Pipit.
2 Kestrel. 2 Common Gull.
c75 Black Headed Gull.
c75 Lesser Black-backed Gull.
4 Herring Gull.
3 Heron.
4 Siskin.
1 Willow Warbler.
1 Tufted Duck.
1 Great Crested Grebe.
10 or so Canada Geese.

1 KitKat. 1 Coffee and one Sausage with salad sarnie.


Heron Fishing.


Result - One small portion of Omega 3.






Probably a Lifer.




No comments:

Post a Comment