9:00 - 14:30.
Day Of The Little Owls.
A warm-ish morning turned into quite a hot afternoon as I did my usual birding walk to Ogden Water and back.
I made 2 visits to Ogden Visitors centre today, one for a coffee and one for an improvised lunch - no sarnies in me pack today.
It was pleasing to have a laugh with Cheryl and Pat who were todays volunteers.
It was nice to bump into NK and CS as I did a circuit of the water.
The mass of ferns and other under/over growth make viewing some sections of the shore line very difficult now.
Today proved a good day for Little Owls with 2 adults with 3 Owlets seen from Bradshaw Lane and an adult bird on the water board building below Soil Hill End farm.
The Owlets had 3 Magpies in close proximity so I hope they are big enough to fend them off if needs be.
Birds:-
5 Little Owl, Magpie, Buzzard, Crow, Greenfinch.
Woodpigeon, c20 Swallow, Goldfinch, Red Legged Partridge, Wren.
c20 Starling, Blue Tit, 2 Pied Wagtail, c80 Lesser Black-backed Gull, 3 Meadow Pipit.
1 Whitethroat, Pheasant, Feral Pigeon, Dunnock, c50 Black Headed Gull.
Siskin, Robin, Blackbird, 2 Turfted Duck, 10 Canada Geese.
Mallard, Nuthatch, Grey Wagtail, 1 Heron, Great Spotted Woodpecker.
2 Willow Warbler, Chaffinch, Bullfinch, Raven, 1 Common Gull.
5 Herring Gull, Coal Tit, Great Tit, House Sparrow, Jackdaw.
When I first arrived on the promenade, I picked out a Great Crested Grebe ,way off at the north end, but on my way around I could not locate it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment