Sunday, 23 August 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill - Ogden Water

9:20 - 15:00

A cool start to the day turned into a roaster by afternoon as I found I'd got the clothes on - phew!
5 Hours plus toady hoping for a yearly 'tick' to add to my meagre looking yearly list, failed to find one.
I went up Bradshaw Lane, Over Soil Hill and around Ogden Water - back the same route, more or less.

It was very busy at Ogden with people enjoying a sunny Sunday.

Top of the pops today were 8 Golden Plover that were feeding in a field to the east of Soil Hill Top.
The sighting of a Wheatear on a wall near Cloth Hall Farm was also very pleasing.

I had a look at the quarry where 6 Grey Partridge flushed from somewhere along the south edge to disappear in a breath over the north edge.

Birds:-

House Sparrow. 2 Buzzard. Wheatear. 8 Golden Plover. 3 Meadow Pipit.
2 Skylark. 6 Grey Partridge. 3 Goldfinch. Chaffinch. 2 Wren.
c30 Swallow throughout.
A Whitethroat was scolding me as I walked along Ned Hill Track.
2 Kestrel. Stock Dove.

Ogden Water.

5 Chiffchaff. 1 Willow Warbler. Nuthatch. 3 Cormorant. Heron.
Great Crested Grebe. Buzzard. Canada Goose. 2 Pied Wagtail.
Usual Gulls as far as I could tell.






























No comments:

Post a Comment