Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Ogden Water and Bradshaw Fields

 10:35 - 13:10

Chasing Me Tail Teal

My route today was along the track opposite Coal Lane, Ogden over Back Lane and around Ogden Water.

Later on I had another short outing along the local fields.

A warm day if you stayed out of the fresh NE? breeze.

As I walked along Ogden Water east side 4 Teal were out in the middle in direct sunlight in silhouette.

I thought I would get some better photos of the birds once I'd got around to the west side.

When I got to the west side they had disappeared - flown off I thought.

When I made to the north end SIX Teal miraculously appeared, again these were now in direct sunlight. 

So, again, I thought I'd get some better photos if I returned the way I had come - so I headed back to the west side - where again, there was no sign of 'em.

Back at the promenade I could see the Teal , towards the north end.

Earlier, they had been hidden by the lip of the muddy bank...

so....

I went back to me car - Boo Hoo.

Birds:

Ogden:

6 Teal.

c50 Swallow - Back Lane with possibly 5 House Martin - the birds were zooming along in the strong breeze - difficult yo keep tabs on them!

Great Spotted Woodpecker.

Coat Tit.

6 Cormorant.

Great Created Grebe.

4 Chiffchaff.

Canad Goose.

1 Tufted Duck.

Grey Wagtail.

Heron.

Nuthatch.

Usual Gull Species.

Bradshaw Fields.

Kestrel.

4 Stock Dove.

Little Owl.













Bradshaw Fields.










No comments:

Post a Comment