8:50 - 13:00
Bits of drizzle and a lot fresher this morning before it brightened and became a bit on the muggy side, but a lot easier to lug me camera , bins and rucksack about today.
I had my usual walk up Bradshaw Lane and over Soil Hill Top, down and around Ogden Water before heading home via Syke Lane and the farms and field tracks.
Lots of muddy stuff around Ogden now with the water line, like my hair , receding, but apart from a couple of Lapwing I could not find any Waders (Again).
A great sighting by DJS of an Osprey over Mixenden, coming my way towards Ogden, but his WhatsApp 'ping' fell on deaf ears - Not seeing the message until 30 mins later. I was probably supping coffee and eating my Yorkie in the 'cafe'.
Click below for Dave's photo.
Birds:
To Soil Hill Top:
House Sparrow. Blue Tit. Pheasant. Goldfinch, Crow. Woodpigeon.
6 Linnet. 122 Starling.
Soil Hill Top:
1 Skylark. 1 Meadow Pipit.
A few Lesser Black-backed Gulls over head.
Blackbird. 2 Wren.
6 Partridge species flushed silently from the west side and flew off down to the Shay Fields.
Grey Partridge but I'm am unsure!!! - see poor photo.
2 Feral Pigeon.
Syke Lane Fields:-
Little Owl.
Ogden Water.
My Merlin app reported a Yellow Legged Gull - this is my third outing here where this has happened , but in each case I have failed to eyeball one.
Lesser Black-backed Gull. Herring Gull. Common Gull. Black Headed Gull. Mallard.
Willow Warbler. Chiffchaff. Robin. Swallow. Nuthatch. Grey Wagtail.
Heron. 4 Canada Geese, 2 Bullfinch. Coal Tit. Great Crested Grebe.
2 Lapwing.
Bradshaw Fields.
10 Mistle Thrush. 2 Stock Dove. Dunnock. Little Owl.
No comments:
Post a Comment