Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Ogden - Bradshaw

11:50 - 15:10

A real scorcher today.
Geraldine dropped me near Coal Lane exit on out way back from a breakfast at Wildes Cafe, Crossroads near Keighley so I could lose some bodily liquid through perspiration on my walk today.

I went through the activity centre where lots of kids were having fun on scooters and the train thingy.

Half a circuit of Ogden Water was followed by a cafe visit and a full circuit of Ogden Water before another cafe visit to rest a bit before walking home along the local fields.

Another long gawp along the shoreline refused to bring me the long staying Common Sandpiper - I am guessing it rests in the afternoon - birding excuse No: 27.

I did get something new-ish with 7 Lapwing on the shoreline stones.

Birds:-
Ogden:

Black Headed Gull.
Lesser Black-backed Gull.
Common Gull.
Herring Gull.
1 Cormorant.
Green Woodpecker called.
2 Chiffchaff - one singing.
4 Tufted Duck.
7 Lapwing.
Pied Wagtail.
2 Nuthatch.

Bradshaw:

10 Mistle Thrush.
Linnets.
4 Kestrel close together along the fields.
1 Little Owl.

Tuesday Evening - Local Fields:

1 Kestrel.
1 Buzzard.
2 Stock Dove.
2 Little Owl.












No comments:

Post a Comment