9:50 - 12:15
I had a run out to Wainstalls this morning where parking was a lot easier with the school shut for the hols.
It was warm and pleasant with a nice breeze as I walked along Castle Carr Road for 100yds or so before climbing over a stile on the right to head up the moor to the dams.
"Funny light" today did not do much for the photos!
It was disappointedly quiet here this morning but there is some excellent moorland scenery if that floats your boat.
After a walk about I sat by the water and enjoyed an apple and a packet of crisps.
Hardly any crisps in the bags these days and no salt in a blue paper wrapper either.
I was hoping a new wader might drop in but no joy there.
Its very dark and thundery as I write this here in Bradshaw - maybe that will shake things up a bit.
Birds:-
c20 Swallow.
3 Meadow Pipit.
Kestrel.
C20 Mallard.
Great Tit. Blue Tit.
1 Buzzard
1 Tufted Duck.
6 Lesser Black-backed Gull.
5 Black Headed Gull.
Just One Black Headed Gull on the lower dam , this had a Blue Ring "2R492 on Left Leg and a silver ring on the right.
2 Pied Wagtail.
6 Stonechat.
1 Willow Warbler.
1 Chiffchaff.
1 Siskin.
2 Swift.
3 Lapwing.
Chaffinch.
and a few other species.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete