Saturday, 29 August 2026

Soil Hill Via Taylor Lane - There and Back

8:35 - 10:45.

I had a bit earlier start to my birding outing than usual to avoid the forecast rain.
A shower did catch me as I came home down Taylor Lane but it fined up again.
Quite mild.

It was good to chat to farmer Adrian along Taylor Lane and also to a bloke on Perseverance Road who was topping up the midden there with a small trailer load of horse muck - might help!!

I did a good check of the walls and buildings in the vicinity of Soil Hill but again no migrant birds were seen by me today.

There were a few pleasing bird sightings on Soil Hill top, notably 6 Grey Partridge. However they flushed as soon as they saw me (which was way before I saw them disappear over the west side hill).

16 Lapwing and 4 Skylark (in ones) were here also on the tops and a pair of Red Legged Partridge were feeding in fields to the north of Soil Hill End farm.

Birds:

Herring Gull. 4 Lesser Black-backed Gull. c35 Small Gulls.
3 Stock Dove.
c50 Goldfinch were seen twice - presumably the same flock.
c15 Meadow Pipit.
2 Swallow.
Kestrel.
3 Wren.
16 Lapwing.
4 Skylark.
Robin.
2 Rook.
6 Grey Partridge.
2 Red Legged Partridge.
6 Jackdaw.
A Little Owl called from near Soil Hill End Farm.


Grey Partrdige.


Red Legged Partridge









No comments:

Post a Comment