A breezy, damp, dull sort of outing which tried to brighten up but did not try too hard.
I had a walk along the local fields through the buildings at Crabtree Hall Farm along Syke Lane and around Ogden Water - back the same way.
Along Syke Lane B.S. waved from his car having done his Ogden shift.
Pink Footed Geese were on the move with a small skein over head just after Ward's View house heading West-ish towards Ogden Theses were picked up by B.S. a few minutes later.
A second skein were very distant going west as I looked south from near Ned Hill Road bottom and a third skein soon followed these but they were immediately lost in the low clouds.
Ogden Water was much as usual bird wise.
The coffee and Kit-Kat went down a treat (well not a treat more a Kit Kat ) at the visitors centre.
Having nothing at all to do this afternoon I though I'd happily wile my time away trying to renew my car and house insurance and then do my blog.
After a couple of frustrating hours I ended up no better off with the new quotes, than I had been with my original insurance quotes and so I spent an age 'talk-typing' to and agent trying to pay the blasted original quotes.
After going through the quote several times to confirm things, I was sent a link.
"I'll send you a link - Just click on this and follow the payment instructions - bye" said the 'talk-typist".
So I clicked on the link and the link disappeared up its own rectum or somewhere just as inaccessible.
So I then phoned up to pay the thing - and answering all the robots questions in the wrong order on purpose , I got to talk to some human guy who was looking out his office window at a sunny Table Mountain in South Africa.
Fortunately his link and the accompanying bank link worked fine.
What a pleasurable experience.
Roll on 100% AI - can't wait.
or - is it me?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Birds:-
Meadow Pipit.
Little Owl,
c183 (27,c120,c36 Pink Footed Geese).
2 Stock Dove.
1 Swallow.
3 Nuthatch.
c30 Small and c120 Large Gulls.
4 Cormorant.
2 Pied Wagtail.
2 Canada Geese.
Kestrel.
Great Spotted Woodpecker.
2 Chiffchaff.
Little Grebe.
Buzzard.
Goldcrest.
A small flock of smaller Birds a quiet call - not like Goldfinch calls - but I'm not clever enough to say what they are - see 2 poor photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment