Saturday, 19 September 2026

Ringstone Reservoir

16:15 - 17:15

I had a visit to make White Windows Care Home this afternoon and afterwards I decided to check out Ringstone Reservoir where last week I saw a Knot.

I've just checked my records and I did not realise that last week's  Knot was a Calderdale first for me.

Today Ringstone was extremely windy and cool with large dark clouds about.

I stopped it raining by donning my waterproof trousers.

I did a walk along the west side wall to the end where I dawdled about for quite a while.

On my arrival at the reservoir gate , Canada Geese took to the sky and left.

Very soon after a large flock of Lapwing and c130 mostly Black Headed Gulls took to the air, flew around erratically and landed way off at the east side.

The Great Crested Grebe was asleep on the water, a Cormorant dropped by and 2 Pied Wagtail and a pair of Mallard were seen.

On my way home I stopped on the east side (where the wind was even stronger) to get a better view of the Lapwing, but again, they all took to the sky and  the sun came out putting the birds in silhouette.

Not a memorable visit (not like last week).













No comments:

Post a Comment