Bradshaw - Soil Hill.
A bright cool start to the morning clouded over later on.
I did my usual trek up Taylor Lane, over Soil Hill Top.
I went 20 yds down the north slope but the brambles ganged up on me so I turned back (soft sod what I am).
There were signs of migration with many Meadow Pipit - A large group in the main track fields and other nearby fields had them flitting about as well.
Difficult to say how many but probably in excess of 100.
Also here c10 Linnet and also see along the walk two groups of Goldfinch c50 & c150 but not a lot moving in the sky.
A pleasant morning for a birding walk.
12:20 - 14:45
Bradshaw - Holdsworth Area.
After lunch I had a couple of hours birding walk across the local fields to near Holdsworth House and back.
The sky became very dark at one point but just a farthings worth of rain fell - lasted all of 20 seconds.
A very pleasant walk along some of the Calderdale Way and no animals on the paths today.
Birds:
Bradshaw Soil Hill.
2 Little Owl.
c100 Meadow Pipit.
c200 (150 + 50) Goldfinch.
3 Skylark.
2 Kestrel.
2 Partridge species flushed silently from distance from Soil Hill Top.
2 Pheasant.
16 Canada Geese.
c10 Swallow.
3 Stock Dove.
and
a Fox.
Bradshaw - Holdsworth Area.
Heron.
House Sparrow.
c30 Gulls in 2 adjacent fields held the 4 usual species.
Jay.
Buzzard.
Great Spotted Woodpecker.
Wren.
c10 Swallow.
Coat Tit.
Rook.
Chaffinch.
C30 Goldfinch.
Greenfinch.
Goldcrest.
A singing Chiffchaff greeted me as I arrived home.
Bradshaw - Soil Hill.
Trying to turn above bird into something that is not a Linnet.
Tail looks wrong for Linnet but probably the angle or my eyesight
so it's probably a
LInnet.
Bradshaw - Holdsworth Area.
No comments:
Post a Comment