With the possibility of strong winds and heavy rain this afternoon I drove over to Ogden a tad earlier than my normal visits.
It was good to chat to B.S. along the way.
A damp, dull sort of outing and when a heavy shower came along I was fortunate enough to be under trees along the west side path.
Water is gushing in from the north and south ends now, but it will take some filling.
It could do with being a tad more full - the Gulls are very far off on the 'island' making it difficult to see them properly.
I spotted the Little Grebe as I was walking along the west side but it immediately was lost under the banking and although I searched for it again when I reached the east side I could not locate it.
It was probably wearing its new 'Ogden Water' camouflage plumage.
Mind you I was never very good at where's Wally when playing with Abby years ago.
The cafe had Pat and Cheryl on duty and it was good to have a sit down and a Kit Kat before doing a second circuit.
There were 60 or so Gulls when I arrived and about 100 when I left.
Lots of bird calls and 2 separate singing Chiffchaff were heard.
Birds:
3 Chiffchaff.
c100 Gulls - c60 BIG and c40 little.
Great Spotted Woodpecker.
5 Cormorant.
Little Grebe.
Goldcrest.
Goldfinch.
Wren.
Lots of Robin.
A couple of Wagtail calls flying over.
5 Swallow.
Long Tailed Tit.
Buzzard.
Not much else.
No comments:
Post a Comment