Another day, another outing , to Ogden Water via Soil Hill top today.
It was very, very blustery again on the hills but Ogden Water's west side was amazingly calm.
A bit of a face burner I realise as I sit down at home.
I am sure that Ned Hill Road is getting steeper, piece of cake going down it but on the return leg I find many interesting things to stop and look at as I climb back up.
I've probably spend 4 or 5 afternoons at Ogden searching for the near resident Little Grebe with no luck, so it was pleasing to find that I'm not cracking up when I spotted it way off on the east side as I went down the west side.
Seeing there was not much else about I followed it around a bit trying to get a half decent picture.
It fell asleep for a bit in the middle but it did come near to the east side and was still there when I legged it over there.
It was a relief to get a sit down and a coffee in the welcoming visitors 'cafe' today.
It seemed a tough 4 hours but it was enjoyable exercise non-the-less.
Birds:
Kestrel.
23 Canada Geese in the lower east side fields, looking from Soil Hill Top.
c80 Goldfinch.
2 Mistle Thrush.
C10 Linnet.
3 Skylark.
2 Swallow.
An odd Meadow Pipit and a couple of Wren.
Ogden Water Area:
Little Grebe.
5 Cormorant.
Heron.
c200 Gulls.
Nuthatch.
No comments:
Post a Comment