Sunday, 20 September 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill Top - Ogden Water - Bradshaw Fields

13:10 - 16:40

A much improved afternoon, weather wise, dry with sunny periods.
On Soil Hill Top, however, the wind speed was probably in excess of 40 mph - kiboshing the job a bit.
In contrast my Ogden Water circuit was quite warm and pleasant.
Going by today's bird experience, if I was a country and western singer, I'd have the stage name "Slim Pickings".
At one point all the 'roosting' Gulls went skyward and landed on the water - but I did not eyeball the reason.

Birds:-

Bradshaw - Soil Hill.

House Sparrow, Goldfinch, Pied Wagtail.
5 Skylark flushed from Soil Hill Top.
A few Meadow Pipit bobbing about.

Ogden Water to Home.

c160 Small Gulls.
c120 Large Gulls.
2 Tufted Duck.
5 Cormorants. 2 Pied Wagtail. 2 Chiffchaff.
Long Tailed Tits 'plentiful' contact calling all along the east side bushes.
Pheasant.
Little Owl.
(Fox).

And a few of the regulars.


A couple of Skylark photos:-



This looks a bit Reed Bunting-esque but I think it's a trick of the light?









No comments:

Post a Comment